Pages

Saturday, August 15, 2026

Saturday August 15, 2026

We had a break from the heat last week and actually go .6" of rain in one night.  The week before was all in the high 90's.  It's been the hottest, driest, smokiest summer I've ever seen.  I was ready for fall in June.  We decided to "get out of Dodge" today.  I thought we might go up on the Alpine Plateau.  But due to the Elk Fire we knew it was closed on the Lake City side but weren't sure how far up the closure would be.  So we headed over the Sapinero Cutoff and went up good ole Cebolla.  It had rained in that valley, but was spotty and still very dry.  We headed on up on Los Pinos.  We only saw a few deer and antelope.  It was cloudy off and on and mostly in the los 60's - sooo nice.  I stopped multiple times to shoot video with my phone.  We got back around to Gunnison about 6 and stopped at McDonald's for supper.  What a great day!  Nikon Z50II