Pages

Friday, October 9, 2015

Sneffels Overlook Hike October 9, 2015

Well, this is going to be a lengthy post I believe.  I've been all over this country where this trail is, but have never ventured up this one.  It will now rank near the top of my favorite places to hike.  I've walked past the branch for this trail many times going up into Blaine Basin.  I never took this one as I thought that it was only a hike in the trees, with no chance for mega-views like I prefer.  Boy was I wrong.  This was a perfect day - the weather was cool, the colors were changing, the tourists were gone, and there was no chance for thunder bumpers.  It doesn't get any better than that!


The sunrise was fantastic.  What stunning scenery.  Who can believe there is no God?



The sunrise was soooo good that I almost forgot I was up here to hike!  I'm not a very good photographer, but nobody could mess this up.



Sunrise on Mt. Sneffels.  Thank you Lord for sights like this.


Just more incredible beauty!



Headed up the trail.  Cirque Mountain in the background.  There are several log crossings over the creek.  It was frosty and slick on those rocks and logs.  I had to "shimmy" across stradling the logs.  Made for a cold damp backside.  But the alternative would have been colder and wetter!


Love that moss that is changing colors by the creek.


Still hiking up the trail.  I was just in awe of the beauty.


Trails like this just make me want to hike, hike, and hike some more.


X marks the spot.


As if what I'd already seen wasn't enough, the Sneffels Overlook was icing on the cake.  I stayed up there for over an hour just soaking in the beauty of God's creation.


Whoa, what a blessing to have eyes that see, legs that are strong, a heart and lungs made for high places - and a Father God who made it all!


What magnificent grandeur!  In the upper left out of the picture is Mt. Ridgway.  I've also seen this view from up there.  That reminds me that I need to get a post up on that hike.


Well, as beautiful as Sneffels Overlook was, all good things must come to an end....at least in this world.  One more glimpse of Sneffels through the trees on the way down.


A few clouds built up as I got back to my pickup.  But, no thunder or lightning - just more and more "eye candy".


I wonder if those horses know how privileged they are???  Pinch me to make sure this isn't a dream.


The parting shot on the way back down the road.  I was just praising the Lord for another beautiful day in His creation and for giving me memories that will last the rest of my life!