July 30, 2026
Today Allen and I headed up to Grand Mesa fishing. We went up the Surface Creek Road. It was surprisingly green up there and not too dusty. We saw a few deer and a couple fawns. We were surprised at how full the lakes were. In a dry year like this they are usually drawn way down for irrigation. We fished first at Neversweat. It was pretty mossy. We didn't get a bite. We then went and had lunch at Meadows Reservoir though we didn't fish there. Then we went over to the Cottonwoods and fished a bit. Allen caught one on a fly. I got one bite on a lure. It was only in the 60's and low 70's up there so a nice break from the endless heat. The best part was I didn't see a single mosquito. I'm not sure why as people have been complaining about them all summer. There were some flies but they weren't bad either. It was a great day! Iphone 15Pro