Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Bridge of Heaven Hike 5/23/2018

This was another hike I made this spring that was earlier than most years due to no snow.  However, the snowfield at the end was too unstable, so I had to hike up beside the field which is almost straight up and it was very loose and muddy.  But, I made it to the goal anyway and had a great day!

A bit up the trail - spring green is starting.

Nice view of Whitehouse Mountain.  Right in this area a few years ago I ran into a black bear and her two cubs.  That's an earlier post.

I just can't get enough of these mountains.

Nice view up valley.

One of my favorite pictures I've taken from this spot.

As Del Que told Jeremiah - "watch your back trail."

The snow field - the snow was so soft I opted to go up the mountains beside it vs across.  Good move I think!

Gnarly view to the northeast.  Man these San Juans are rugged!

As usual, the wind was howling up here so I didn't stay long.

A couple shots on the way down of my favorite mountains.  The tall one on the left is Coxcomb.

And here's Courthouse

It sure was a great hike.  Thanks Lord for letting me hike this mountain one more time...please give me many more!